Unlocking the potential of the digital economy is key to ensuring Malaysia’s successful transition to a high-income economy.
- Moving forward, Malaysia should consider adopting policies with two main objectives:
– Improved quality and affordability of fixed broadband services;
– Increased coverage of ultra-fast broadband networks.
- To achieve these objectives, the government should strive to increase competition in the fixed broadband market.
– Better enforcement of the current regulatory framework could provide all operators with access to cable landing stations.
– Encouraging competition by opening the market across all levels of the telecom and internet supply chain.
- For Malaysia to increase productivity outcomes in the private sector and drive the country’s digital transformation, it is crucial for the country to improve its level of digital adoption and connectivity.
Or you can find more reports in Library